Monday, March 9, 2009

Lolita: If you don't like it, blame Scarlett!

Lolita

Well let's start off by saying it was pretty weird to refer to myself in the third person in that title! Anyway obviously I'm going to give this one a glowing review because I hand-picked it. I like the way that because of censorship, older movies had to use lots of weird innuendo, for example, Camp Climax. You see, some people wouldn't get that? Also the part where she's holding the egg over his mouth is oddly sensual, even though she's handling a freaking fried egg, which is a little nasty to me because I don't like to touch food.
I'm not even sure what to say, other than that I like the acting and I think this is a good adaptation of the book that isn't too uncomfortable to watch because after all that girl looks a lot older than the Lolita in the book and she is pretty suggestive herself. I wish I could post a picture of Hunter doing his James Mason face, because it is very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment