Friday, March 13, 2009

True Stories: If you don't like it, blame Alex and Stephanie!

True Stories

This movie was really weird, but I liked it. I had never really heard David Byrne speak before or anything, so that was interesting. I also just liked the way that the characters were truly "characters," and the way that a culture was sort of captured. There was also some dry humour which of course I liked. My favorite scene was maybe the one with the marauding kids because it was just so random and really funny. However I also liked the part where he talks about aluminum buildings. It's kind of hard to describe this movie; I can see some people really hating it because it is kind of dated and also one of those movies where the plot takes a backseat to the characters and the setting. Anyway, I would watch it again and would show it to people who haven't seen it. I feel like this would go over well with the old Tulane crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment